Ich Liebe is German for “I Love”. Here are some things I’m lovin right now.
1. Eating Ricotta Cheese Cookies. It sounds weird, cheese in cookies, but they are soft and delicious. Like an overweight sugar cookie!
And here is the recipe (thanks Kathryn!)
Preheat oven to 350
Beat for 5 minutes:
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 15 oz container Ricotta Cheese
1 tsp vanilla
Add until blended:
3 1/2 cups flour
2 T baking powder
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Don’t overbake!
Ice when done
(I put them on parchment paper and have to bake a few test cookies to make sure they’re baked through)
2. Finding shirts that work well for nursing (easy access is key).
The trick is finding something that I’ll also want to wear after I’m done nursing…this one is pretty cute too.
I bought something like this but in blue…so handy to not have to fuss with getting so much fabric out of the way. You mamma’s know what I’m talkin about right?
3. Celebrating Advent. Each day I’ve been writing a verse that goes with the advent themes (hope, love, peace and joy) on a little chalk board in my kitchen. It’s not much but it’s something and I’m actually following through on it! Here is the verse for today:
4. Watching Survivor. I know everyone else is over it but I’m a total fan. Not sure who I’m cheering for though. Maybe Ozzie?
5. Cooking. I used to love trying new recipes but since the little one was born, I’ve been completely uninspired. However lately I’ve tried a few new things like roasting a chicken – which was awesome btw – and making vegetarian lasagna!
6. Reading books with Cohen. He can be in the worst mood ever and then I open Hop on Pop or Dear Zoo and he is totally calm and happy. It’s pretty amazing.
7. Having the TV downstairs. A few weeks ago we decided to move the TV into the basement rec room. Our basement is mostly undeveloped but there is one room that we hadn’t be utilizing at all. Now our living room is a peaceful place for me to read or blog while Alex plays his shootemup games downstairs.
And I’m gonna leave it at seven, cuz I like seven! (Actually it’s cuz baby just woke up!)
*Linking up with E Tells Tales.