1. After a brief history lesson from my Uncle Warren and wikipedia, I was shocked to discover my family is not German at all, but rather Dutch. I don’t quite understand why all my grandparents speak so much German. They never even lived there! I feel as though I’ve been living a lie.
2. Cohen started eating some real food this week! Every time Alex and I sit down for a meal his eyes turn into two big saucers and drool drips down his chin. That’s what tipped me off that maybe he was ready. We were going to do “Baby Led Weaning”, but I’m afraid of him choking on chunks, so I think we’ll do a combo of some mush and some pieces of food he can hold. Mush for now.
3. I love this outfit and I’m gonna duplicate it as soon as I can find a pretty pink lace top. Isn’t it just adorbs?
4. I’m sorry, but I really don’t like when people say “adorbs”. Some words can be shortened and other can’t, like “perf”. Really? Perf? Is sounds like “perv”! The English teacher in me just says “NO!” If you wouldn’t say it in a conversation, why write it?
5. I’m getting excited for Christmas in Alberta! In a week and one day we’ll be flying away from Manitoba and spending a few days with Alex’s family. (btw, it won’t look like this but I like this photo!)Source
6. I sent away the final draft of the manuscript for my book to the publisher yesterday! Crazy. It feels so official and I’m already stressing that I forgot something or missed a grammar mistake while editing. But now I just have to let it go and hope for the best! Here is my official book cover!
Just kidding – I’m gonna make you wait. Dream Big will be released in February 2012!!
7. I made whipped shortbread cookies this week. Melty, melty. (Again, who says that?!?)Source
8. My dog is CA-RAZY! (see, that I would actually say) Lately she’s been driving me mad with her incessant barking and jumping-up-on-the-windowsill-and-knocking-all-the-ornaments-off-the-tree. It’s enough to make a person mad. But she’s just so darn cute.
9. I think Bailey finally realized that Cohen is a human being. This week she dropped her bone at his feet and looked at him as if to say, “Why are you just standing there? Aren’t you gonna throw it?” I can’t wait til Cohen and Bailey can run their energy off on one another.
10. I’m not stressed at all about Christmas this year. I’ve been working hard to prepare my heart, rather than my house, and my fridge, and the presents under my tree. I’m so looking forward to celebrating the gift God gave to us in the person of Jesus.
Tomorrow – Thrift Store finds! I got some good ones yesterday!