Thanks for stopping by! I’m not usually one for recipes, but I’m joining up with
If you decide to come back you’ll hear a lot more about my life from a faith perspective! If this is your cup o tea, I’d love for you to join me!
And now for the recipe!
This soup is creamy and delicious – and super healthy! No cream needed!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Add nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
I enjoyed this soup with some multigrain bread and cheese! The soup is nice and think and perfect for dipping.